- About the ACHA
- Men's divisions
The Northwestern University Men’s Ice Hockey Club invites applicants to apply for the position of Head Coach. The position is paid and part-time (September to March). The team competes as a member of both the ACHA (Division 3) and MACHA (Silver division).
Responsibilities of the position will include assisting in all phases of the club Ice Hockey program, including, but not limited to coaching, recruiting and fund-raising.
Candidate must demonstrate:
A USA Hockey Coaching certification is required (any level, but 3 preferred) and progress must be made towards a Level 4 certification for every year as Head Coach.
Our season usually runs from late September through early March. Applicants are expected to be at all hockey related events and games. Travel and lodging is provided for some away games, but you are expected to provide your own transportation to practices and home games.
We have two practices a week (Monday and Wednesday night) and games on the weekend.
Interested candidates should email David Stephens (firstname.lastname@example.org) with either a resume or description of your background in hockey, and a brief statement as to why you are interested in this position.
Please contact David Stephens (email@example.com) directly in regard to this position.
(POSTED APRIL 2, 2021)
Minot State University - Men’s Ice Hockey Head Coach
Please apply on our HR web site: https://www.minotstateu.edu/hr/jobs/
This position is responsible for creating and maintaining a successful men’s ice hockey program for the institution. This position reports directly to the Director of Athletics, keeping him/her abreast of all planning, organizing and development of the men’s program (ACHA).
Responsible for the overall leadership of the men’s ice hockey program.
1. Formulate a successful philosophy to promote the educational welfare and sportsmanship of the student-athlete.
2. Develop a competitive program that will represent the institution and community in a positive manner. 3. Prepare yearly budget for the program.
4. Purchase equipment and uniforms, and maintaining records of all purchases.
5. Work with Asst./Assoc. AD for Compliance and Student Life to ensure all players meet applicable eligibility requirements and prepare all necessary forms on a timely basis.
6. Develop practice and competition schedule.
7. Make all travel arrangements for team and recruiting.
8. Responsible for significant external revenue development to fund the budget of a dynamic national caliber ACHA DI Men’s Ice Hockey program.
9. Conduct and direct instructional camps for area youth.
10. Work with Assistant Athletic Director of Strategic Communications on providing program information and statistics to media and fans via press releases, media guides, game programs and web site.
11. Develop recruitment plan and actively recruit student athletes.
12. Develop and actively participate in a plan to enhance public relations for the hockey program.
13. Track academic progress of student-athletes within the program
14. Establish and maintain an ethical and moral code of behavior and living that is expected of all players within the program
15. Develop practice schedules and teach the fundamental skills of the game.
16. Follow all ACHA, conference and institutional policies.
17. Actively participate in campus committees and forums.
18. Support the philosophy and mission of the department and institution.
19. Perform all other duties as assigned.
Minot State University is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package designed to meet the needs of employees and their families. The University offers fully paid family health insurance with a range of options for dental, vision, life insurance, disability, long-term care, employee wellness, retirement/pension, tuition waivers, professional development programs and much more.
Located in north central North Dakota, Minot State University is a place where east meets west. Nestled on the northern edge of the Mouse River Valley, the campus stands at the heart of the "Magic City." The city of Minot - nicknamed the "Magic City" for its phenomenal growth during the early 1900s - is a regional center for commerce, culture, healthcare, agribusiness and industry. Minot is home to Minot Air Force Base and is a key service provider in the burgeoning Bakken oil play that's made North Dakota's economy one of the strongest in the United States. Minot State University is a public university dedicated to excellence in education, scholarship, and community engagement achieved through rigorous academic experiences, active learning environments, commitment to public service, and a vibrant campus life. Our athletic programs participate in the Northern Sun Intercollegiate Conference in the NCAA Division II and the ACHA (American Collegiate Hockey Association).
St. Cloud State University Men's ACHA DII-HEAD COACH
OBJECTIVE: This is an unpaid position. Under the guidance of the Athletics Department and Head Coach of St. Cloud State University to perform duties for the St. Cloud State University Huskies Hockey Team
Consults with St. Cloud State University Senior Leadership and Athletics Department on actions pertaining to the program.
• Strong hockey background in playing, coaching, evaluating.
• Strong interest and commitment to athlete development.
• Ability to work with fellow coaching personnel.
• Ability to communicate on and off-ice requirements to players and parents.
• Available to meet time requirements.
• Minimum of Level 3 USA Hockey Certified
• ACHA, NCAA, or Professional Level Experience
• Police Records Check and Safe Sport Trained
• Serve as the official spokesperson on behalf of the team
• Coordinate the delegation of responsibilities to the assistant coaches and manager
• Plan on and off-ice activities in consultation with the assistant coaches
• Plan, implement and control pre-game preparation and communication with the team
• Design the practice plans in consultation with the assistant coaches and partner team coach
• Coach the team in all games and practices
• Establish an overall rule framework for the team and oversee the supervision of the play
• Report to the association through the ACHA and WCCHA
• Plan player evaluation and the player selection process.
• Plan the operation of the team during the games.
• Plan the supervision of players off and on the ice.
• Plan the formulation of the game plan.
• Weekly practices and games; approximately 2-3 hours in duration.
• Weekly game/practice preparation; usually 1-2 hours in duration.
• Tournaments (home and away).
• Attend team/association/school meetings as required.
If interested, please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org