University of Arizona
Job Title: Head Coach – Club Ice Hockey
Department: Campus Recreation
Full Time Appointed, 10 months: Nights and weekends required
Hiring Range: $33,000-38,000 annualized
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Reporting to the Assistant Director for Sports, the Head Coach is responsible for administering all
aspects of the men’s club ice hockey program including, but not limited to, coaching, recruiting,
game and practice scheduling, budget management, website management, public affairs, and fund-
raising. Candidate must demonstrate a significant knowledge of ice hockey, proven success in coaching
ice hockey at the collegiate or equivalently high level, the ability to recruit, develop and motivate
student-athletes, a strong commitment to the academic success of student-athletes, knowledge and
commitment to Department, University, and ACHA regulations, good communication skills, and strong
leadership. Evening and weekend work is required as position demands.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Administer all aspects of the men’s ice hockey club including, but not limited to, coaching, recruiting, game and practice scheduling, planning and management
• Develop and manage the annual club hockey budget and finances
• Oversee the recruitment of student athletes to the hockey program
• Demonstrate a commitment to the development and academic success of the team members
• Ensure compliance with governing association rules and regulations as it pertains to men’s club ice hockey
• Assist with the oversight of game day operations
• Research and purchase hockey program equipment
• Manage the ice hockey website
• Assist the Senior Assistant Director for Sports work with the UA Foundation, Alumni Association and various other groups needed to create connections to the University and opportunities for fund development, sponsorship and advertisements.
• Assist with the development and implementation of club alumni events/programs
• Regularly report team updates to Campus Recreation senior administration
• Work with marketing department to develop promotional materials for the hockey program
• Maintain effective communication with team members, coaching staff, and Campus Recreation
• Serve on department and university committees as needed
• Complete special project assignments and perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelor’s degree in recreation, sports management, administration, physical education or related field
• Four years of head coaching experience with ice hockey at the collegiate or equivalently high level
• Current CPR/PR, AED
• Arizona driver’s license or ability to obtain within 30 days
To apply, please go to www.uacareertrack.com.
|Tulane University Head Coach
About Tulane Hockey:
- We are located in New Orleans, LA
- We are a member of ACHA division III
- We practice in Baton Rouge, LA and play games in Gulfport, MS (both about an hour away from campus)
- We plan to play 12-15 games next season
- We practice once a week in Baton Rouge
- A majority of our team comes from the Northeast
We are looking for a coach willing to help out without pay; unfortunately we do not have the budget to pay a coach. Basic requirements are running practices once a week and setting line for games. No specific requirements for previous experience, but previous playing experience and/or coaching experience is required.
Our team is a very close group of players who really enjoy being able to continue our hockey careers, and we are looking for a coach who shares our love of hockey.
Thank you to anyone who is interested.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested, or see tulanehockey.com for more information on our team. Please include any experience in the email along with why you should be the coach of our team.