The Auburn University Ice Hockey Club in Auburn, AL is a student-run organization and is currently reviewing candidates to fill their Head Coach position.
This is a volunteer position for the moment until the team is in position to offer a stipend to the head coach. About Auburn Ice Hockey
· Auburn is located in Auburn, AL and currently conducts on-ice activities at The Columbus Ice Rink in Columbus, GA.
· Auburn Hockey is a Division 3 member of the American Collegiate Hockey Association,(ACHA) http://achahockey.org Southeast Division and plays as a West Division member of the Southeastern Collegiate Hockey Conference (SECHC) www.SEChcHockey.com The team has qualified for the last four SECHC Playoffs and continues to improve each season.
· Player experience levels range from travel club teams, high school, and junior hockey programs, etc.
· Practices are expected to start mid-late August and are held on Tuesday and Thursday nights.
· All games will be on weekends including multiple overnight weekend trips throughout the southeastern region. The team is scheduling approximately 25-30 games this upcoming season not including post-season play.
· The team is funded through a combination of a player dues and university program support. Head Coach Responsibilities
The primary job of the Head Coach is to manage all aspects of the ON-ICE activities. This includes, but is not limited to:
· Proactively plans and conducts all practices
· Game day management (Lineups, setting lines, determining playing time, determining systems, etc.)
· Organizing and enforcing both off-season and in-season on and off ice conditioning / workout plans
· Assisting club officers in accountability to and enforcement of club rules for individual players. Setting and enforcing standards and working with club officers to foster a positive environment for all student athletes Qualifications
· The coach must have a knowledge of the game, strong leadership characteristics, and dedicated to continue improving the Auburn Club Hockey program.
· Demonstrated coaching experience from High School Midget level and above is preferred.
· Preferred: USA Hockey Coaching Certifications How to Apply:
Please email hockey bios & resumes to Evan Barber, (firstname.lastname@example.org). Selected applicants will be contacted for interviews. Please include a brief cover letter and contact information for 3 references in your application materials. Review of resumes will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
When you make contact, please advise if you are interested in serving as the head coach, or if you prefer to get involved with the team as an assistant coach. We are also in need of 2-3 assistant coaches.
If you prefer to speak to the SECHC commissioner first before talking to the club officers, please feel free to contact Sarge Day, Commissioner, SEC Hockey Conference at: SargeDay@Comcast.net (256) 617-9550.