Responsibilities of the Compliance Coordinator include managing all aspects of team and player compliance and eligibility.
This consists of, but is not limited to:
Coordinate, implement and process the collection and review of all documentation for all ACHA teams at all levels (Men's Division 1, Men's Division 2, Men's Division 3, Women's Division 1 and Women's Division 2) within the ACHA stated time frames.
Communicate with the Division commissioners on all aspects of the process including all variances in the required rules and paperwork.
Report all eligibility issues to the designated commissioner in a timely manner.
Work with the commissioners to evaluate and improve the processes.
The Compliance Coordinator shall be nominated by the Executive Director and approved by the ACHA Executive Board.
All interested candidates should submit a letter of intent along with a resume to Paul Hebert. Please include three professional references.
All inquiries must be sent to Paul by November 1, 2013.
Paul Hebert ACHA Men's Division 2 Vice President firstname.lastname@example.org
The College of Wooster Club Ice Hockey team is currently looking for a Head Coach for the 2013-2014 season. We are a private liberal arts college located in Wooster, Ohio with a student population of roughly 2,000 students. For more information visit our College's official website at http://wooster.edu/
The candidate selected for the position of Head Coach will be responsible for running practice, implementing systems and facilitate in the development of an ACHA Division 3 level hockey team. Practices are held on Tuesdays and Thursdays at 9:30pm and take place at Alice Noble Ice Arena in Wooster, Ohio. Games take place on Friday, Saturday and Sundays.
Head Coach Responsibilities:
-Plan and conduct all practices
-Promote a fun and safe learning environment on the ice that welcomes those of all skill levels.
-Work with officers to create a positive environment for student athletes
-Coaching experience at the Midget level or higher is preferred OR playing experience at the Junior/Collegiate level
USA Hockey Coaching Certifications
Previous experience with the ACHA
Compensation: The team's budget allows for a $3000 stipend for the coaching staff.
How to Apply:
Please email your hockey bio and resume to the club president Sebastian Northrup (email@example.com) and cc Rachel Messenger, the assistant director of student life (firstname.lastname@example.org). The application process will begin immediately and continue until a candidate is selected to fill the position after an interview with the team and adviser.
The Auburn University Ice Hockey Club in Auburn, AL is a student-run organization and is currently reviewing candidates to fill their Head Coach position.
This is a volunteer position for the moment until the team is in position to offer a stipend to the head coach. About Auburn Ice Hockey
· Auburn is located in Auburn, AL and currently conducts on-ice activities at The Columbus Ice Rink in Columbus, GA.
· Auburn Hockey is a Division 3 member of the American Collegiate Hockey Association,(ACHA) http://achahockey.org Southeast Division and plays as a West Division member of the Southeastern Collegiate Hockey Conference (SECHC) www.SEChcHockey.com The team has qualified for the last four SECHC Playoffs and continues to improve each season.
· Player experience levels range from travel club teams, high school, and junior hockey programs, etc.
· Practices are expected to start mid-late August and are held on Tuesday and Thursday nights.
· All games will be on weekends including multiple overnight weekend trips throughout the southeastern region. The team is scheduling approximately 25-30 games this upcoming season not including post-season play.
· The team is funded through a combination of a player dues and university program support. Head Coach Responsibilities
The primary job of the Head Coach is to manage all aspects of the ON-ICE activities. This includes, but is not limited to:
· Proactively plans and conducts all practices
· Game day management (Lineups, setting lines, determining playing time, determining systems, etc.)
· Organizing and enforcing both off-season and in-season on and off ice conditioning / workout plans
· Assisting club officers in accountability to and enforcement of club rules for individual players. Setting and enforcing standards and working with club officers to foster a positive environment for all student athletes Qualifications
· The coach must have a knowledge of the game, strong leadership characteristics, and dedicated to continue improving the Auburn Club Hockey program.
· Demonstrated coaching experience from High School Midget level and above is preferred.
· Preferred: USA Hockey Coaching Certifications How to Apply:
Please email hockey bios & resumes to Evan Barber, (email@example.com). Selected applicants will be contacted for interviews. Please include a brief cover letter and contact information for 3 references in your application materials. Review of resumes will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
When you make contact, please advise if you are interested in serving as the head coach, or if you prefer to get involved with the team as an assistant coach. We are also in need of 2-3 assistant coaches.
If you prefer to speak to the SECHC commissioner first before talking to the club officers, please feel free to contact Sarge Day, Commissioner, SEC Hockey Conference at: SargeDay@Comcast.net (256) 617-9550.
Assistant Men's Hockey Coach - Northern Illinois University ACHA D2
Northern Illinois University is accepting applications for the position of Assistant Men's Hockey Coach of the ACHA D2 team. Responsibilities consist of assisting the head coach in all aspects of coaching, game management, recruiting and student development.
NIU plays at the Fox Valley Ice Arena in Geneva, IL where they practice two times a week and play games on Friday and Saturday. The season starts at the beginning of September and runs through February.